Training update #3

Another great training session today! I headed over to Awesome Walls in Stockport to get some solid endurance training done, a nice contrast to yesterday's bouldering. We started off with a quick warm up on the boulder problems, then got on the routes with fire in our bellies.

After a quick send of a 6b+, my eye was caught by a 7a+ route running up the big wall, and I just had to try it - I pulled onto it and felt strong, and aside from a few tricky moves I sent it with what felt like minimal effort, only feeling about a level two pump despite the technical nature of the route; this is partially to do with it being in a corner, allowing me to bridge out for rests, but nonetheless I can feel that I'm getting stronger and recovering faster.

Following this, I attempted a route that was graded 6c+ for top rope, and would easily have gain the 7b badge were it a sport route - seriously technical and crimpy climbing that left me frustrated and with sore fingers, backing out at the obvious crux a mere three metres from the top. Following this I ticked another 7a, albeit with a short rest a few moves from the top as my arms were pretty pumped by this point.

A couple more routes in the 6+ range wrapped up the evening, a good end to a hard session. I feel I'm starting to move out of the plateau now as 7a and upwards is starting to feel a lot more fluid and I'm feeling stronger overall.

Stay tuned for more!

Mischa.

Comments

Popular Posts