Training update #4

A couple of sessions in this update, as I'm a little behind with writing them up. Firstly, Monday 5th, mostly strength with some power endurance thrown in for good measure. I'm definitely getting a lot more power in my upper body/fingers, and finding it much easier to lock off on one arm whilst doing a move with the other, even when breaking away from the wall. I'm going to add in a purely strength based session once a week as I need to really raise my finger strength for 7b/+. I'll write up something of a training table and post it up here when it's complete, which should make it somewhat easier to apply myself in training sessions as I'll have a clear idea of what I want to achieve that day.

No. 2 was on Friday 9th. I'd not climbed since Monday, what with a niggling sore shoulder/elbow, so I was ready for a hard session - power endurance all the way! I took a little while to warm up, but myself and Vicky went on to send about 15 routes each (mine ranging from 6a-7a, and Vicky's from 5-6b), and completely burnt ourselves out in the progress - definitely fitting the bill of stamina training.

Rest day today, and out to Earl Crag tomorrow to conquer some gritstone routes, can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts